|Notes||Cash Price||Basis Month||Futures Change|
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.
- Cattle Prices Rallying through Monday
- The Monday cattle session is working $0.95 to $1.40 in the black, though $1 off the highs for midday. The feeder futures market is also $1.75 to $2.62 stronger so far. USDA had $183-$184 as the bulk of cash business last week. The 9/28 CME Feeder Cattle Index was $252.11,...
- Wheats Rallying Out of Weekend
- The new week, and new month, of wheat trading has the front month futures firming up by double digits. CBT SRW is up by 2% to 3% so far. KC HRW futures are 1.5% in the black at midday. Front month spring wheats are trading 0.7% to 1.1% higher. Weekly...
- Beans Trading Mixed at Midday
- Front month soybean futures are fractionally mixed to 1 ½ cents lower, as the deferred contracts are fractionally higher to 1 ¼ cents in the black. Nov beans are a dime off the session low. Soymeal futures are extending the drop with another $7 loss at midday. Soybean Oil futures...
- Hog Market Red through Midday
- Lean hog futures are trading another $0.40 to $2.25 lower after the limit losses on Friday. USDA’s National Average Base Hog price was $1.98 weaker to $72.37. The CME Lean Hog Index for 9/28 was $85.58, down by 56 cents. Pork cutout futures are also in the red with $1.90...
- Midday Gains for Cotton Futures
- The midday board is showing 57 to 71 point gains for the front month cotton futures. October is listed at a 187 point loss, though with 2 contracts of OI and no trade yet this week. The 9/29 Cotlook A Index increased 50 points to 98.85 cents. The USDA Weekly...
- Corn Rallying into New Month
- Corn futures are back above the $5 mark in the May and March contracts with 9 cent gains across the board. Dec is still at a 15c discount as the lead month. Open interest again increased with harvest progress, rising 7,655 contracts on Friday. USDA’s weekly Inspections data showed 625k...